[Firewall] Firewall on NSLU2 with ADSL router?

Philip Pemberton philpem at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Oct 25 08:14:23 MDT 2006

   I've got a Billion BiPAC 5200G wireless ADSL router - it's pretty much your
standard DSL modem + router + WiFi engine box. Problem is, it's only got
support for 16 firewall rules, plus UPnP. I need at least 17...

   At the moment, I've got a Linksys NSLU2 set up doing routing from a
Speedtouch USB DSL modem on ppp0 to eth0. This works OK, except for having to
log into the server to reconnect ppp0 after a line drop.

   What I'd like to do is use the router as the DSL modem, but still keep the
NSLU2 around for routing. The problem is, the NSLU2 has only one Ethernet
port. Adding more would be close to impossible (or at least very expensive).

   Is it possible to have the router pass packets onto the NSLU2 for
processing, then get rid of the nasties and apply NAT for the resst of the
( LAN?

philpem at dsl.pipex.com