[Firewall] gawk etc. why not just use perl and be done with it?

Arno van Amersfoort arnova at rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Mar 17 10:16:34 CET 2009

Well the answer is pretty simple: I once chose Bash to write the script
in and I see no apparent reason to completely rewrite it into Perl. And
even if I would, it would certaintly NOT be Perl but rather Python or
something. IMO Bash scripts are a lot easier to interpret (for others)
than Perl...

a.

E-mail    : arnova at rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl