[Firewall] setup two external interfaces

Jérémy Lal kapouer at melix.org
Wed Mar 10 13:57:31 CET 2010

On 10/03/2010 08:48, Rene Koka wrote:

>> I have the same configuration and the same problem !!!
>> I found a solution (workaround ???) I activate the plugin : multiroute.... (with 50/50 weight)
>>
>> And now the two external interfaces are working ...
> To get full multirouting capabilities you need Julian Anastasov kernel
> patch :
> http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/
> http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/routes-2.6.33-16.diff
What i don't get is that when iptables is not set (ACCEPT policies on INPUT, OUTPUT),
i can ping and ssh to both IP, and i can ping -I eth0 or ping -I eth1.
The default route for outgoing connection is the last one that is set up,
so if i ssh from the server i'll go through the eth1 gateway in my case.
So basically without firewall it's working as expected.

Anyway thanks for your tip.

Jérémy.