[Firewall] Bandwidth limitation for upload?

Roland Haeder r.haeder at gmx.de
Wed Mar 10 17:38:40 CET 2010

Hi,

I have an application here, YaCy for instance (http://yacy.net), which
has no bandwidth limitation implemented. As of usual, I have an
asynchronous DSL link. The limits are (not the sky) 750kByte/sec. to
800kByte/sec. downstream and max. 64kByte/sec. upstream (which does the
provider promote).

But in practice, only 40kByte/sec. is possible, else the downstream will
decrease to 1kByte/sec.

My question now is: Is there a bandwidth limitation available in the
firewall script? I have a Debian Unstable version 1.9.2.h-1 here.

I didn't find anything in the documents about it.

Regards,
Roland