[Firewall] Self-connect possible?

Rance Hall ranceh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 23:34:47 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Roland Haeder <r.haeder at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> again it is about YaCy (http://yacy.net). All nodes needs to
> self-connect to build self references. That means the node needs to
> connect to it's external IP address, I currently don't know why but it
> has to work. :-/
>
> I would like to know which parameters in your script I need to alter to
> make this possible? For example my node is reachable at
> http://free-search.homelinux.org:8080/ for all persons but not me, so
> not for the locally running node.
>
> Please assist here. :)
>
> Regards,
> Roland

Answer:  there are no parameters in the firewall script that will fix
your problem.

your problem is name resolution and the firewall script has nothing to
do with that except to open the port.

on the local node that does not work, ping free-search.homelinux.org
and see what ip address its using.

I suspect its the wrong one.  fix that.  and youll be fine.

Rance