[Firewall] Self-connect possible?

Roland Haeder r.haeder at gmx.de
Thu Mar 18 01:21:16 CET 2010

> [...]
> this way all your hosts on the network resolv names the exact same way.
>
> this setup fixes a whole host of problems.
I setup a local DNS server for caching DNS resolve requests. With your
mentioned way way more data needs to be transfered between my router and
the ISPs DNS server because of YaCy does a DNS request. It also caches,
I *think*, a little.

> PS, probably want to take this to the dnsmasq list if you still need
> help.  We've gone way past the firewall list rules at this point.
Okay, that is now really off-topic. :) But thanks anyway for your help.

Roland