[Firewall] Authenticated PPPOE with Arnos firewall

Avram Dumitrescu phat at phat.ro
Mon Nov 29 19:15:56 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm using arnos for several months now, for home use only, and let me tell
you congrats on a great work you did with that script.

Your script is used on a Centos 5.5 machine that has  2 ifs, ETH0 - EXT IF,
ETH1 - LAN IF.

ETH0 static.

ETH1 static LAN 192.168.0.100.

Now my ISP switches from static straight IP to PPPOE with username and
password AND the same STATIC IP addresses as before, that's a real bitch
because I never got a hint on how to use authenticated PPPOE with your
script.

The ppp plug-in only configures the ip addresses and enables or disables the
whole ppp thingy.

I did not find any configurable username/passwords and just enabling the
plugin doesn't help to bring up a PPP interface. It just crashes.

Checking for (user) plugins in
/usr/local/share/arno-iptables-firewall/plugins...

(A)DSL PPP Modem plugin v1.0f

  ERROR: The plugin config file is not properly set!

Loaded 1 plugin(s)...

Centos has a RP-PPPoE version 3.5 client that allows to connect to pppoe
servers with authentication, but I'm not sure if this works with your
script.

I apologize in advance if this issue has an obvious solution and I spammed
your mailing list without a real issue.

Regards,

Avram