[Firewall] Firewall FULL_ACCESS_HOSTS setting

Stuart Foster smf.linux at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 9 18:11:30 CET 2011

Hello,

I have been using this firewall for some years (currently version
2.0.0b) quite successfully.
I have recently acquired a smart phone which when set to use my WIFI
access point and internet proxy is fine for web browsing but other
applications baulk when they try to connect to remote sites (I am new to
this but I am assuming the apps are not in general using my http proxy).
If I use wireshark on my linux based firewall external ether-net port I
can see various packets being launched at the various sites from the
phones IP but not one response is received. To try and resolve this I
have set FULL_ACCESS_HOSTS to the IP of the smart phone, this however
has made no difference, packets get sent but nothing is seen in reply.
Any suggestions/ideas on how to proceed ?

Thanks

Stuart Foster