[Firewall] 2.0.1 on debian squeeze?

Michael Hanke michael.hanke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:02:55 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 09:40:53AM -0500, Intense Red wrote:
>    If you view it a requirement to use Debian's debconf.cfg, if it were me,
> I'd just then ignore and not install the tarball, and would rely on the *.deb
> and  the *.deb's package maintainer to ensure that he's backporting fixes and
> keeping my firewall secure (though it might not be fully up-to-date in terms of
> features).

Being the Debian maintainer let me add another note: Arno just
implemented a config.d directory mechanism. Once this is out, I'll
modify the package to simply drop a generated conf snippet into this
directory. Hence debconf.cfg, will turn into a regular config snippet
for AIP -- making Debian less special (which is good). The debconf
interface for entry-level user will remain, of course.

If things go well, the next Debian stable will ship with this feature --
and old setups with debconf.cfg will be upgraded seamlessly.

Michael Hanke