[Firewall] I really need help to set up PASV port forwarding across NAT

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Thu Oct 4 19:01:18 CEST 2012

Hi Arno...

Thanks for responding...

What I have is a cable modem.... The firewall is off and all ports (1-65535) are being forwarded to my network. The computer that I am using for a firewall has 2 interfaces. The One that's connected to the cable modem has the IP 10.0.0.1 and is connected to the modem interface which has an IP 10.0.0.138.

My internal network is 192.168.0.1/24 with the ftp server at 192.168.0.221

Relevant script settings are as follows

EXT_IF="eth1"
INT_IF="eth2"
NAT=1
NAT_FORWARD_TCP="20,21,60000:65535>192.168.0.221
OPEN_TCP="20 21 60000:65535"

I really do appreciate your assistance with this.

Eli

On Thursday 04 October 2012 14:00:40 Arno van Amersfoort wrote:
> We really need some more details on what you're trying to do before we
> can help you. Standard FTP PASV support should work out of the box with
> AIF....
>
> a.
>
> On 09/30/2012 08:01 AM, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> > Sorry about sending this again.... I had a problem with my mail security.
> >
> > Would somebody be kind enough to lend me a hand setting up PASV port
> > forwarding across NAT. I believe that I have the firewall setup correctly
> > but I still can't get it to work.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Eli

believed to be clean.