[Firewall] Setting up open nat for a Xbox

Jason Stahls jason at justuscare.ca
Thu Jul 11 23:56:05 CEST 2013

On 7/9/2013 11:42 PM, cmr at uniserve.com wrote:
> First the basics,
>   gw
> Xbox
> I need:
> upnp
> udp ports 3074, 88, 53
> tcp ports 53, 80, 3074
> Also, I'm pretty sure my ISP (telus) blocks in bound port 80 tcp
> Thanks in advance
> Chris

You should only need to either a) port forward, or b) setup UPnP. I'd
tend to go the UPnP route as most things will talk to it and setup their
own forwards.  upnpd works well for me and has next to no configuration
for it, don't forget to enable the upnpd plugin in AIF tho in the

Yes, all reports I've ever heard say Telus blocks incoming port 80.