[Firewall] Multiroute plugin Ubuntu 12.04.2 issue (resolved) or so it seems

Gino gino at alwayssmiling.net
Fri Jul 12 19:19:55 CEST 2013

Hi All,

I've been recking my brain for a few days on trying to get the multiroute
plugin to work and as a result understand a bit more about linux.

The version of Arno-Iptables-Firewall that I installed with on Ubuntu
12.04.2 would not work.
After configuring the multiroute.conf file, enabling the plugin ENABLED=1
and restarting arno-iptables firewall I received the error:

Error: either "to" is duplicate, or "equalize" is garbage

Using google I research loads of sites and finally started looking at the
plugin script itself
After loads of changes and reverting back to the original version I changed
the line

ip route add default equalize \

ip route add default scope global \

Referenced from this website:

It appears to work perfectly
Please can you let me know if the changes I made are correct and hope this
helps someone save some time in the future.