[Firewall] Open UDP-Port for Plex

Mick michaelkintzios at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 11:50:35 CEST 2013

On Friday 19 Jul 2013 20:27:01 Tobias Kirchhofer wrote:
> Am 16.07.2013 um 07:39 schrieb Gustin Johnson <gustin at meganerd.ca>:
> > Alternatively what does (as root or with sudo) "lsof -i:32400" return?
>
> $ lsof -i:32400
> Plex    28544 plex   17u  IPv4 458252      0t0  TCP *:32400 (LISTEN)

This shows that the plex server is listening on port 32400.

> Meanwhile i made some more investigation. Both TCP/UDP should be open.
>
> OPEN_TCP="32400"
> OPEN_UDP="32400"
>
> But it did not change anything. I followed the howto writen here:
> http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/MyPlex#When_Auto-Configuration_Fails

Is there another router/firewall between the server that you ran nmap from and
the plex server?  The nmap results showed that the port was open at the arno
firewall, but closed at the server.

Your lsof output run locally shows that the server is listening on port 32400.
This is not consistent with the nmap output.

What do you get if you try to connect to it with netcat locally and remotely?

nc -v -t -z <IP address> 32400

nc -v -u -z <IP address> 32400

--
Regards,