[Firewall] Open UDP-Port for Plex

Tobias Kirchhofer tobias at kirchhofer.net
Sun Jul 28 15:02:04 CEST 2013

Further tests revealed that the firewall is working properly as it should (with opened port 32400 TCP/UDP). I installed plexmediaserver on another device in the local network and everything worked like expected. Also port tests from outside with netcat showed that everything is ok.

It came out that the version of plexmediaserver which is an early version for debian on ARM (the router/media server i use) does not fully support all the features for myplex.

So thanks a lot anyone who discussed it with me - it was very helpfull and i learned something :)
 Tobias

--
Tobias Kirchhofer
tobias at kirchhofer.net