[Firewall] Multiple (aliased) external IPs on one interface?

Rich rl6 at shinyblue.net
Mon Jun 10 17:41:51 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a server with multiple IP addresses for the one interface (so I
can run separate ssl services on 443).

The IPs were set up with the (Debian) ip command:

     ip addr add 1.2.3.4/24  dev eth0 label eth0:0

When I enter eth0:0 in as an interface as an external interface in the
firewall config, it says "eth0:0 does not exist (yet?)" on restarting
the firewall, which I think means it's not working.

Can Arno-Iptables-Firewall handle this scenario? (and then, is it
possible to open different ports on the different interfaces?)

Thanks,

Rich