[Firewall] new Gentoo ebuild

Erki Ferenc erkiferenc at gmail.com
Wed May 22 22:57:51 CEST 2013

hi all,

recently I worked on improving AIF's state within Gentoo and as a result a
new ebuild is available in the main portage tree as 2.0.1d-r1. One of the
changes is a new initscript for Gentoo which also makes
contrib/Gentoo/firewall.conf file unnecessary.

I would like to send the changes upstream for you via pull requests but I
wonder which way would you prefer?
A) remove the above file and update the initscript within AIF and continue
to provide Gentoo initscript from AIF itself
B) remove contrib/Gentoo directory as the initscript is now taken care of
within Gentoo itself and the above file is not needed anymore

The second choice seems better to me as that way it would be easier to
follow any change regarding initscripts on Gentoo side and it would also
help to avoid duplicating efforts while maintaining the initscript.

What are your thoughts? How it would be best for you to send the changes