[Firewall] Squeeze dist-upgrade Wheezy broke internet access.

Randy thejunk.b at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 21:38:37 CEST 2014

First let me thank you for a fabulous set of scripts that have worked
flawlessly for me.

I have a host that had Debian Squeeze on it and I wanted to add some
functionality to it.  Before I did it I wanted to update it to wheeezy so it
would be good for a couple years.  After a successfull upgrade I no longer
have internet access through this host.

Do you know of any issues with the configuration of arno's between the
two versions of debian that may be causing the issue?

I have checked every thing I know to check in the hosts configuration with
no joy.  The nic's are configured correctly, ip forwarding is turned on, the
iptables rules seam to be right, network-manager is not installed, I have
uninstalled resolveconf with no joy.  I am getting very frustrated with it.

If it was a normal box I would just reinstall it.  But that requires opening the
case and hooking a cd-drive to it and burning an iso.
--
If it ain't broke tweek it