[Firewall] Hi

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sun Jul 6 14:22:34 CEST 2014

I was wondering if anyone can help.

I probably need to write a custom rule to block facebook access from a
specific ip address on my internal network. I am having a weird
problem that where the launcher for an mmorpg game on that computer
first runs, it tries to access facebook and then crashes. If access to
facebook is blocked, then the launcher and the game works just fine.
The developers have been alerted and they are working on a fix.

In the meantime, I need to have a rule in place to block all of facebooks ips.

I've found a script, which does work, but it would be cool if I could
turn this into a custom rule for arnos-iptables-firewall. The script
follows

for ip in `whois -h whois.radb.net '!gAS32934' | grep /`; do
iptables -A OUTPUT  -p all -d $ip -s internal.host.ip.address -j DROP;
done

Thanks