[Firewall] Arno's script and fail2bain

Lonnie Abelbeck lists at lonnie.abelbeck.com
Tue Mar 17 04:00:12 CET 2015

Hi Russell,

Not that I know of... but, in the AstLinux project we have written a much simplified variant as an "Adaptive Ban" plugin for AIF.

The "Adaptive Ban" plugin is in the "contrib" folder of Arno's standard distribution:
https://github.com/arno-iptables-firewall/aif/tree/master/contrib/AstLinux

The latest "Adaptive Ban" plugin version can be found here:
http://svn.code.sf.net/p/astlinux/code/branches/1.0/package/arnofw/adaptive-ban/

(Note: remove the SVN file ".sh" suffixes to be used directly with generic AIF)

Currently the only supported analysis types are:
--
# A list of analysis types that are applied
# Choose from: sshd asterisk kamailio lighttpd prosody pptpd

I mention this only as a template to customize for your particular purpose.  There may be tweaks needed for you specific distro.

Lonnie